USA VOLLEYBALL REFEREE EXAM FORM C
USA Volleyball (USAV) develops exams that are specific to the USAV indoor volleyball rules code and pairs those rules to certain certification levels. For clarity, each certification level has a specific examination. This is the USAV version of the Form C examination. To be certified by USAV, the examination for this rule set must be completed along with other region requirements.
If anyone taking this exam has special needs because of any disability, please advise the test administrator and provide documentation of your disability.
Exam Instructions and Information: Read each question thoroughly and answer each question on the attached answer sheet using current USA Volleyball Domestic Competition Regulations. “Team S” refers to the serving team, and “Team R” refers to the receiving team. When a team’s serve or receive status is not relevant to the question, “Team A” or “Team B” is used to differentiate the teams.
The following assumptions and information pertain to each question unless other conditions are specifically noted:
- USAV clarification boxes take precedence over the corresponding FIVB rule and if applicable, should be used when considering each answer.
- Rule 10.1.2 (“Pursuit Rule”) is in effect.
- Do not consider special rules used in Open competition or 14 and Under competition.
- No sanctions (team or individual) have been assessed unless noted.
- The penalty area is not being used.
- Requests for interruptions (time-outs, substitutions) or line-up checks have not been acknowledged (whistled) by the referees.
- Exam questions cover USAV Casebook material.